Suite Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suite Sports

HomeHome  indexindex  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Could the cavs get Kidd?

Go down 
+5
electrifyinkid
Red Angel 1
Emeka's Clone
sykray
RoseandBeasley2010
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RoseandBeasley2010
JV

Could the cavs get Kidd? Empty
PostSubject: Could the cavs get Kidd?   Could the cavs get Kidd? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:01 am

Just to start, I want to make it clear that I do not believe we have a chance to get Jason Kidd on the Cavs. Having stated that clearly, what you guys think we can offer to get NJ interested? I would offer this:
-----------------------------------------
Expiring contracts:

Ira Newble - 3.4 mil
Shannon Brown - 1.0 mil
Devin Brown - 1.1 mil
Dwayne Jones - .8 mil

Players
Drew Gooden - 6.4 mil
Picks

08 first draft pick
Back to top Go down
sykray
JV

PostSubject: Re: Could the cavs get Kidd?   Could the cavs get Kidd? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:07 am

the only way I see this happening is with a 3rd team
but it's very possible if both of the players, LBJ and Kidd want it that way
Back to top Go down
Emeka's Clone
JV

PostSubject: Re: Could the cavs get Kidd?   Could the cavs get Kidd? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:08 am

I would not trade two picks or Boobie Gibson
Back to top Go down
Red Angel 1
JV

PostSubject: Re: Could the cavs get Kidd?   Could the cavs get Kidd? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:12 am

I agree that I wouldnt trade more than 2 picks or Boobie. Realistically that package isnt very attractive and the only way I see JKidd here is if he demands a trade to us and only us. I dont think that JKidd will get the kind of return that many people believe he will, but our package is bad.
Back to top Go down
electrifyinkid
JV

PostSubject: Re: Could the cavs get Kidd?   Could the cavs get Kidd? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:14 am

I agree with both points that are made here. I don't think that the Cavs will acquire Kidd nor do I think that the Nets are going to get nearly what he is actually worth. While he's been playing at a high level for some time virtually nobody can fight time for much longer than he already has. At this point I don't think he'd be worth 2 firsts to us and I definitely don't give up Gibson.
Back to top Go down
hasbeenninja
JV Waterboy

PostSubject: Re: Could the cavs get Kidd?   Could the cavs get Kidd? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:20 am

Most of the top contenders already have solid PG's

SA, NO, Phx, Utah, Golden State, Portland all have good to great young PG's. Even the Lakers have 3 good PG's with Fisher, Crit, and Farmar. Point being if Jkidd wants to go to a contender, the only teams out West that will prob go after him strong are Houston and Dallas.

Dallas I doubt is giving up Harris, and Terry has a longer contract than the Nets are probably looking for. Houston has some pieces to deal that would prob beat ours.

In the East, the contending teams like Boston and Det are not going to trade for Kidd. Det just resigned Billups to a long term deal, and Boston is already in salary cap hell and have nothing left to deal. I think when you look at teams who are close to contending that badly need a PG, the Cavs would probably be HIS best destination.

I'd trade anyone other than LBJ, Boobie, AV, Z for Jkidd. Make it happen Ferry
Back to top Go down
dellman
JV

PostSubject: Re: Could the cavs get Kidd?   Could the cavs get Kidd? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:24 am

I don't care who we get as long as Drew is on the flight passing in the air...
Back to top Go down
PawMoon
JV Waterboy

PostSubject: Re: Could the cavs get Kidd?   Could the cavs get Kidd? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:26 am

A 3 or 4 way trade is the only way to send a decent package of talent/contracts back to New Jersey. The only way the Cavs could really fleece the Nets on a JKidd trade is if we figure out a way for them to get rid of Vinsanity as well.
Back to top Go down
x_RetroWave
JV Waterboy

PostSubject: Re: Could the cavs get Kidd?   Could the cavs get Kidd? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:28 am

so who's left to trade? an overpaid hughes, a dumb gooden, overpaid and old snow and marshall, shannon brown, streaky damon jones, simmons and devin brown

a collection of scrubs or players with bad contracts (apart from devin + gooden)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could the cavs get Kidd?   Could the cavs get Kidd? Empty

Back to top Go down

Could the cavs get Kidd?
Page 1 of 1