Suite Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suite Sports

HomeHome  indexindex  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Getting Kidd to the Mavs

Go down 
+6
hasbeenninja
electrifyinkid
Red Angel 1
Emeka's Clone
sykray
RoseandBeasley2010
10 posters
AuthorMessage
RoseandBeasley2010
JV

Getting Kidd to the Mavs Empty
PostSubject: Getting Kidd to the Mavs   Getting Kidd to the Mavs EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:02 am

Before the Heat-Spurs game, David Aldrige said that it’s possible the Nets will accommodate Kidds request of a trade. He also said Dallas is interested. On of the New Jersey papers said the big three are hard to trade and the young player are the other teams wants. I think this is a good opportunty for them to break the big three and get something worth in return.

How about?

Nets receives Stackhouse, Terry & George

Mavs receive Kidd
Back to top Go down
sykray
JV

PostSubject: Re: Getting Kidd to the Mavs   Getting Kidd to the Mavs EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:07 am

RoseandBeasley2010 wrote:
Before the Heat-Spurs game, David Aldrige said that it’s possible the Nets will accommodate Kidds request of a trade. He also said Dallas is interested. On of the New Jersey papers said the big three are hard to trade and the young player are the other teams wants. I think this is a good opportunty for them to break the big three and get something worth in return.

How about?

Nets receives Stackhouse, Terry & George

Mavs receive Kidd
I would do that deal, but I would draw the line if they insist on Harris.

Kidd can mentor Harris better than Terry and many on this board (like DDan) believes he is closer to a SG than a PG anyways.

I personally think Kidd will soon start to decline and Harris still has not reached his prime, though he is doing pretty welll now.

Also a 2 PG backcourt with one big and one fast like Kidd/Harris can defend Billups/Hamilton, Davis/Ellis, Ginobli/Parker, Nash/Barbosa and Williams/Brewer backcourts pretty well.

Another interesting idea is leaving Stack out and doing a Damp/Magloire swap.
Back to top Go down
Emeka's Clone
JV

PostSubject: Re: Getting Kidd to the Mavs   Getting Kidd to the Mavs EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:08 am

wouldn't trade Harris for Kidd. Value-wise it would seem like we should do a Terry for Kidd trade, but I don't think that fits the team very well. It would put Harris either on the bench or at the 2, and we would have a very poor shooting team.

We're already halfway through with the season. If we were going to make a big shakeup I think it would have come earlier in the year.
Back to top Go down
Red Angel 1
JV

PostSubject: Re: Getting Kidd to the Mavs   Getting Kidd to the Mavs EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:13 am

I don't think they said Mavs are interested in Kidd so much as Barkley went on again about how the Mavs should do anything (besides Dirk) to get Kidd. With Harris' recent play, I don't think Mavs are willing to trade him for Kidd. They would be willing to give up Terry since they obviously wanted Terry for Maggette, but we'll see. I don't see the NETs wanting Terry, they don't really have a need. And value qise, they could do better for Kidd so I don't see anything happening.
Back to top Go down
electrifyinkid
JV

PostSubject: Re: Getting Kidd to the Mavs   Getting Kidd to the Mavs EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:15 am

Nets fan here.

I'm not going to criticize Terry, since I actually like him as a player, but this is just dreadful for NJ for the following reasons:

1. It doesn't make them any younger. All three players in the deal are on the wrong side of 30 and there is nothing even remotely resembling young talent here.

2. It makes them more expensive. Yes Kidd's making a ton of money, but the contracts of Terry and Stackhouse are both longer so NJ isn't gaining any type of cap flexibility on this one.

3. It doesn't make them better. I realize this is going to be a given with any Kidd trade, but if it's not going to make them better, it has to be a deal that fits the first two issues, which this deal does not.

I understand not wanting to deal Harris. I don't see him as a future all-star like some of you guys do, but that's really besides the point. Considering Dallas can not offer financial flexibility, I really don't see how they can entice NJ without dealing Harris.
Back to top Go down
hasbeenninja
JV Waterboy

PostSubject: Re: Getting Kidd to the Mavs   Getting Kidd to the Mavs EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:20 am

Id trade Terry OR Stack... Not both. Maybe a Stack, Diop, or a 1st for Kidd. JKidd is too old to cut up your roster for. Its good to know that the Mavs are at least looking into it though, even though I think we all knew that Dallas wants Kidd
Back to top Go down
dellman
JV

PostSubject: Re: Getting Kidd to the Mavs   Getting Kidd to the Mavs EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:24 am

Where are you getting Mavs wants Kidd?

Everytime that has been brought up, it has been by Barkley.

Mavs did not want him when Nash left and they have showed no interest in him now.

None.

In fact, everything they have done has been geared to Harris being our PG for many years to come.
Back to top Go down
PawMoon
JV Waterboy

PostSubject: Re: Getting Kidd to the Mavs   Getting Kidd to the Mavs EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:27 am

Are you kidding me? Every other week another article gets put up about the Mavs going after Kidd.. GMs from around the league, NBA insiders, etc. Its been around since the summer, the whole "interest in Kidd" that Cuban and the Mavs show at some point according to those people
Back to top Go down
x_RetroWave
JV Waterboy

PostSubject: Re: Getting Kidd to the Mavs   Getting Kidd to the Mavs EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:30 am

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullArchiveColumn.php?id=2584

Quote :
NO KIDD ON THE BLOCK
Mavs Deny Interest In Unhappy Nets PG
By Mike Fisher -- DB.com

The chorus of Mavs’ management “no’s’’ regarding Dallas’ interest in Jason Kidd resonated in our visits with team officials on Friday, with both Avery Johnson and Mark Cuban insisting there is no trade in the works.

The afternoon started with Coach Johnson appearing on Randy Galloway’s ESPN radio show. Galloway asked Avery if he and the rest of the Dallas braintrust had discussed a blockbuster trade.

“No,’’ answered the coach firmly. Then he began to expand on his answer: “What major trade is out th. …?’’

Randy interrupted with a joke. Something about a lie-detector test.

Then Avery noted that the organization always has “an open dialogue’’ about such matters. Randy jumped in again said he was trying to come up with what sort of name could be involved in a “major trade.’’ But he failed to do so.

At which point I screamed the words “JASON KIDD!’’ at my dashboard.

I visited with Mavs owner Cuban, however, and I didn’t interrupt as he echoed Avery’s “no.’’ In an exclusive visit with DB.com, Cuban said without equivocation that there have not been trade talks between Dallas and New Jersey concerning the Kidd, the future Hall-of-Famer and former Mav who is reportedly unhappy with the Nets.

“No, Cuban said. “No talks. No talks because it’s not going to happen. They’re not going to trade him. Why spent a lot of time discussing something that won’t happen?’’

Dallas continues to be listed by some media outlets as a “leading contender’’ for the services of the point guard. The Mavs are mentioned in the New Jersey paper. ESPN.com’s Marc Stein says it, too, and his credentials as a Mavs follower are strong. But we’ve got Mark Cuban looking us in the eye and saying “no.’’ And we’ve got Avery Johnson doing the same.

“We like our team,’’ Avery said. “That’s still the case. We like our team.’’
Back to top Go down
guidedbyvance
JV

PostSubject: Re: Getting Kidd to the Mavs   Getting Kidd to the Mavs EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:32 am

Then again, cuban usually is full of it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Kidd to the Mavs   Getting Kidd to the Mavs Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting Kidd to the Mavs
Page 1 of 1