Suite Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suite Sports

HomeHome  indexindex  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Have you ever" game

Go down 
+4
mls737
str8touttahighskool
pricelesspeptalk
obdeejay
8 posters
AuthorMessage
obdeejay
wannabe

"Have you ever" game Empty
PostSubject: "Have you ever" game   "Have you ever" game EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 7:37 pm

This is a game where you answer the question with a corresponding experience and ask another question

Have you ever been devastated by a last second shot?
Back to top Go down
pricelesspeptalk
scrub

PostSubject: Re: "Have you ever" game   "Have you ever" game EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 7:40 pm

Allan Houston leaning, last-second game-winner at the height of the Heat-Knicks Rivalry

I remember yelling at Houston in my living room, getting up real close to the TV, as if that would make him miss as he snaked his way past Thunder Dan and into the paint. Looking back on it now, it’s amazing how that old Miami-New York rivalry could arouse such visceral and animated reactions from me. I’d seriously foam at the mouth during those games. Nothing else in Heat history has managed to effect me in the exact same way, not even during the championship run. And I won’t say that it made me cry, because that would be melodramatic. And untrue. But I definitely felt like it. I laid in my bed muttering expletives to myself like a crazy person for a long time after that game finished.
Back to top Go down
str8touttahighskool
towelboy

PostSubject: Re: "Have you ever" game   "Have you ever" game EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 7:43 pm

you're supposed to ask a new question (although, nice response)

Have you (your team) ever won a championship
Back to top Go down
mls737
scrub

PostSubject: Re: "Have you ever" game   "Have you ever" game EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 7:44 pm

No, not while they've been my team (celtics) but here's hopin'
Back to top Go down
qweino
JV

PostSubject: Re: "Have you ever" game   "Have you ever" game EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 7:47 pm

str8touttahighskool wrote:
you're supposed to ask a new question (although, nice response)

Have you (your team) ever won a championship
After watching Miami Heat basketball with my father since the very beginning, there was an awkward and uncomfortable uneasiness between us as the final buzzer sounded. I don’t think either of us knew how to react to one another. It was one of those weird Freudian moments that Oedipus would've had if he watched sports with his father lol.

I was too excited to go to bed afterwards, so me and a buddy hopped the fence at a local middle school to shoot some hoops. Thankfully the courts were close enough to the street lights so that we could just make out the basket in the darkness. The two of us played until the early hours of the A.M., each taking turns pretending to be D-Wade.

Have you ever seen a 50 point game in person?
Back to top Go down
karahi
towelboy

PostSubject: Re: "Have you ever" game   "Have you ever" game EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 7:50 pm

yes, but for some reason I can't remember a damn thing about it except I wanted to try an see myself on TV

I FEEL AWFUL!

I hope someone else has any good recollections about this game, because I don’t remember a thing about it. I know it was a Sunday matinee on NBC. I can’t recall anything about the best individual scoring game in franchise history.
Back to top Go down
obelixtim
wannabe

PostSubject: Re: "Have you ever" game   "Have you ever" game EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 8:03 pm

what was your first nba game?
Back to top Go down
FreddyAdu
JV Waterboy

PostSubject: Re: "Have you ever" game   "Have you ever" game EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 8:04 pm

I didn’t get around to visiting the Miami Arena and watching the team play in person until ’89, their second season. As an early birthday present, I was given tickets to see the Heat play the Sixers. Charles Barkley and Rick Mahorn bullied us around. Barkley, Hersey Hawkins, and Johnny Dawkins all had good scoring games. And for us, I think Sherman Douglas scored over 20. It was a fun experience. We were woefully undermanned (especially when compared to the fellow expansion Hornets, who decided to stock their roster with names everyone was already familiar with, like Kelly Tripucka, Robert Reid, Kurt Rambis, Muggsy Bogues, Dell Curry, and Rickey Green), but the novelty of pro basketball in South Florida hadn’t worn off yet. And I was still so grateful to have a hometown team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Have you ever" game   "Have you ever" game Empty

Back to top Go down

"Have you ever" game
Page 1 of 1