Suite Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suite Sports

HomeHome  indexindex  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kapono in the last 25 games

Go down 
+5
walkinglizard
marathon
Raven_Morbisk
WalkTheLine80
Red Angel 1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Red Angel 1
JV

Kapono in the last 25 games Empty
PostSubject: Kapono in the last 25 games   Kapono in the last 25 games EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:19 pm

Minutes per game: 15
3-pointers made/attempted per game: 0.16/0.4
Free throws attempted per game: 0.36
Rebounds per game: 1.1

Cost of every 3-pointer made in those last 25 games: $408,231.70
Back to top Go down
WalkTheLine80
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Kapono in the last 25 games   Kapono in the last 25 games EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:59 pm

I honestly don't think the Raptors have the offense to make Kapono useful.
Teams almost never leave kapono alone so its difficult for the PG to kick out to him.
The play that seems to work is a double screen for him to get a jumpshot.
Back to top Go down
Raven_Morbisk
JV

PostSubject: Re: Kapono in the last 25 games   Kapono in the last 25 games EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:52 pm

I still think he was worth the money. He just is not being used properly here in Toronto, and by not being surrounded by good team defenders all the time it really has shown some of the flaws in his game defensively.

Sam needs to run some kick out plays for Kapono when T.J. or Jose drive to the basket, I think it's that simple and will give Kapono a ton of opportunity to show why he received such a big contract.
Back to top Go down
marathon
JV

PostSubject: Re: Kapono in the last 25 games   Kapono in the last 25 games EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:53 pm

Of course it is hard to justify your contract when you hardly get a chance. He seems to chuck em up when he gets in games, because he never nows when he is going to get yanked.
Back to top Go down
walkinglizard
JV

PostSubject: Re: Kapono in the last 25 games   Kapono in the last 25 games EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:53 pm

Mitchell needs a playbook.
Back to top Go down
boogieman
JV

PostSubject: Re: Kapono in the last 25 games   Kapono in the last 25 games EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:54 pm

WalkTheLine80 wrote:
I honestly don't think the Raptors have the offense to make Kapono useful.
Teams almost never leave kapono alone so its difficult for the PG to kick out to him.
The play that seems to work is a double screen for him to get a jumpshot.
That's true but just saying that also proves some of Kapono's worth. If he draws a defender out it gives a lot more room for Bosh to operate down low.

I just wish they would try a few more things for Kapono because he just has a wicked shot.
Back to top Go down
bravenewswirl
towelboy

PostSubject: Re: Kapono in the last 25 games   Kapono in the last 25 games EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:55 pm

walkinglizard wrote:
Mitchell needs a playbook.
The best part of lastnight is when they had Rod Black speaking during the game and he says "I was just near the Raptor huddle and it sounds like the Raptors are going to try and do a high pick and roll between Calderon and Bosh"

Thanks Rod, you're amazing.
Back to top Go down
stewgriff
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kapono in the last 25 games   Kapono in the last 25 games EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:55 pm

Parker and Delfino have no problems finding the open spot. And even when he's open, he's too indecisive and generally prefers to fake and drive in order to shoot an 18 ft on the move.

It's mostly on him.
Back to top Go down
Red Angel 1
JV

PostSubject: Re: Kapono in the last 25 games   Kapono in the last 25 games EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:56 pm

stewgriff wrote:
Parker and Delfino have no problems finding the open spot. And even when he's open, he's too indecisive and generally prefers to fake and drive in order to shoot an 18 ft on the move.

It's mostly on him.
Is it that they find an open spot or that teams would rather leave Parker, Delfino or Moon open rather than Kapono? Maybe a bit of both, but if Sam told Kapono to shoot it he would be shooting it. He might have the quickest release in the league.
Back to top Go down
kingofcomedy101
JV

PostSubject: Re: Kapono in the last 25 games   Kapono in the last 25 games EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:58 pm

I think he'll be an important contributor when the Raps team that is going to make at a championship takes shape. Right now there are too many guys who can bomb threes and do other stuff to make him very useful, I think that will change when the complexion of the team changes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kapono in the last 25 games   Kapono in the last 25 games Empty

Back to top Go down

Kapono in the last 25 games
Page 1 of 1