Suite Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suite Sports

HomeHome  indexindex  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nader to Run for president

Go down 
+10
hafbaked
DC_Ballin
Harry10
electrifyinkid
TheBaronofDavis
TitanClub
gilbertgoesoff
kingofcomedy101
Raven_Morbisk
wrathofheaven
14 posters
AuthorMessage
wrathofheaven
Admin

Nader to Run for president Empty
PostSubject: Nader to Run for president   Nader to Run for president EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 10:44 am

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/02/22/nader-considering-another-white-house-run/

Of course he's going to run now. Sometimes I think he's employed by the Republican party to siphon the votes away from Democrats. Like he did with Gore in 2000. Nader stay away!
Back to top Go down
Raven_Morbisk
JV

PostSubject: Re: Nader to Run for president   Nader to Run for president EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:06 am

Where does Nader live? Why doesn't he run for a congressional seat he can win, and then have a vote and be in committee and such? Is it because he would rather be a candidate than actually serve?
Back to top Go down
kingofcomedy101
JV

PostSubject: Re: Nader to Run for president   Nader to Run for president EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:16 am

Don't mind Nader running at all.

1.)He is not going to get any votes because Democrats still blaiming him for Gore losing and independents that are voting for Obama aren't likely to go for Nader either.

2.)I want him to be involved in the conversation to keep Obama honest.

3.)Even though Paul said he won't run 3rd party, but I bet he does if Nader does.

4.)Oh how I would love to see Paul and Nader debating corporate power.
Back to top Go down
gilbertgoesoff
JV

PostSubject: Re: Nader to Run for president   Nader to Run for president EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:22 am

He was completely irrelevant when he ran in 2004. I dont see anything to suggest that wont be the case here.
Back to top Go down
TitanClub
JV

PostSubject: Re: Nader to Run for president   Nader to Run for president EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:27 am

kingofcomedy101 wrote:
Don't mind Nader running at all.

1.)He is not going to get any votes because Democrats still blaiming him for Gore losing and independents that are voting for Obama aren't likely to go for Nader either.

2.)I want him to be involved in the conversation to keep Obama honest.

3.)Even though Paul said he won't run 3rd party, but I bet he does if Nader does.

4.)Oh how I would love to see Paul and Nader debating corporate power.

that would be very entertaining
Back to top Go down
http://www.watt-up-1.com/j_gallery/April_Bowlby/slides/April_Bow
TheBaronofDavis
JV

PostSubject: Re: Nader to Run for president   Nader to Run for president EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:31 am

It's interesting to me that we fight wars to (ostensibly) spread democracy because America is so enlightened, yet the system is so rigged in this country that the two major parties create rules that always prevent outsiders from even being allowed to debate.

While I hope Nader doesn't cause McCain to win, it would be nice to have somebody running who does raise issues that even Obama (more decent than most politicians, but still very imperfect) won't even touch.
Back to top Go down
electrifyinkid
JV

PostSubject: Re: Nader to Run for president   Nader to Run for president EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:39 am

That raggedy old son of a bitch better not steal votes from Barack....besides, the Independent voting base is already on Obama's good side. He needs to stop wasting his time. Doesn't he realize that he'll never win?
Back to top Go down
Harry10
JV

PostSubject: Re: Nader to Run for president   Nader to Run for president EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:41 am

Yeah, his impact on Kerry was negligible. Kerry lost solidly in Florida (where Gore got sunk by Nader) and I dont think Kerry's loss in Ohio could be attributed to third party influence.

I wouldnt worry about that too much.

As for why he runs, he just wants a platform on which to discuss his issues and point out the flaws in the electoral system. He knows he'll never win.

For the record, I think makes some pretty solid points, especially about the system, but that doesnt mean I like him. 2000 still rings too clear in my head, as it does in the minds of most liberal minded people, and I would imagine independents as well. Thats why he'll never sway another election.
Back to top Go down
DC_Ballin
JV

PostSubject: Re: Nader to Run for president   Nader to Run for president EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:44 am

His accomplishments make every other person running for president look like a friggin' joke by comparison, and people act like he's some loser who steals votes from dems. Priceless.
Back to top Go down
hafbaked
JV

PostSubject: Re: Nader to Run for president   Nader to Run for president EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:48 am

great guy, but he's just wasting his time and money here
Back to top Go down
LAKESHOW
JV

PostSubject: Re: Nader to Run for president   Nader to Run for president EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:54 am

from what I've heard and read about Nader I, as a green and liberal (mixture of both) european, think that he had nice beliefs. too bad he doesn't have any chance at all. oh and I bet if he were president the image of america in the world would improve (a lot) but since it's not going to happen that point is worthless and to make that point even less valid, I bet the most americans look first at what he wants to do for america instead of doing for the world.

Nader>Obama but since Nader won't have a chance I go for Obama
Back to top Go down
Emeka's Clone
JV

PostSubject: Re: Nader to Run for president   Nader to Run for president EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:01 pm

In 1992, Clinton and Bush allowed for Perot to debate with them. But I think George H.W. pushed that more, since in 1996, Clinton/Dole both declined letting Perot debate with them.

If Obama/McCain want to be fair, they'll let Paul debate with them in the GE...maybe even Nader too.
Back to top Go down
abunai
JV

PostSubject: Re: Nader to Run for president   Nader to Run for president EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:05 pm

On the one hand its annoying, on the other hand they asked a question about the superdelegate in the debate and neither candidate really denounced them which is a pretty big red flag IMO, so I kind of like seeing some kind of candidate that points out how ridiculously exclusive this system is.
Back to top Go down
sykray
JV

PostSubject: Re: Nader to Run for president   Nader to Run for president EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:14 pm

you got to wonder what is going on through his head
maybe he just wants McCain to win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nader to Run for president   Nader to Run for president Empty

Back to top Go down

Nader to Run for president
Page 1 of 1