Suite Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suite Sports

HomeHome  indexindex  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sixers, at this point in the year

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kingofcomedy101
JV

Sixers, at this point in the year Empty
PostSubject: Sixers, at this point in the year   Sixers, at this point in the year EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 7:54 pm

1. How are some of the young guys coming along? Everyone seems to be pleased with Thaddeus Young; that's good to hear. How about Jason Smith?

2. How has Iguodala been doing this season? His numbers are looking a little better than last year's. Do you think he's best suited at SG or SF?

3. For a long time, I was all for trading Andre Miller; like most of you guys, I wanted Oden or Durant in last year's draft. However, after hearing what he's done for the team this year, I think he'd be a great guy to have around. This is his 9th year in the league, so he's not old; also, PGs tend to last longer than some other players.

4. Following that thought, what do you guys think the team should do this offseason to get closer to championship level? I would love to acquire a big-time PF. Elton Brand would be great. If we go the draft route, Darrell Arthur would be a nice pickup. I'd be fine with something like this:

PG- Miller
SG- Iguodala
SF- Young
PF- Brand/Arthur
C - Dalembert

5. Does anyone know what the cap room situation is looking like for next year? I've seen some figures thrown around here and there; hopefully we're in a position to make a splash in free agency!
Back to top Go down
TitanClub
JV

Sixers, at this point in the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sixers, at this point in the year   Sixers, at this point in the year EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 7:55 pm

1) Smith and Williams both played very well earlier in the season, but have since dropped off quite a bit in their performances. Young didn't play much in the beginning of the season, but ever since he's showed that he was a big time hit in the draft.

2) Andre has been up and down. He's struggled pretty mightily in some games, and others he's played very well. Not that it wasn't obvious before, but he's only shown that he can't handle being the #1 option on this team. He is probably best suited for SF, but he will likely be playing SG for this team with Young our future SF.

3) You'll get a mixed response with Miller. I think some posters who in the past were for trading Miller may have eased up on their stance because the time he should have been traded has long passed. He ruined last season, and now he's all but ruined this season. I'm still all for trading him by this Thursday, but from all the reports, it's not going to happen.

4) A PF is at the top of the list for obvious reasons. The general consensus on the board is for Okafor or Josh Smith. I for one would also love the acquisition of Brand. My order of preference is Brand, Okafor, Smith.

5) I believe we'll be somewhere in the range of 9-10 million. Not enough to steal any of the PF's listed above from their teams which is that much more upsetting that Miller is still here. Not only is he hurting the chances of a higher draft pick, but also in acquiring that big time PF. Posters do have hope though that we can use Miller as an expiring next season as a trade chip for a PF like the Lakers did with Kwame to get Gasol. That may be what Ed is hoping for also. Who knows. But personally, I think it's unlikely because the only player I see that could be in that position next season is O'neal. And even that isn't for certain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.watt-up-1.com/j_gallery/April_Bowlby/slides/April_Bow

Sixers, at this point in the year
Page 1 of 1