Suite Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suite Sports

HomeHome  indexindex  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why wasn't Andre Miller traded

Go down 
+11
abunai
sykray
Raven_Morbisk
Harry10
electrifyinkid
boogieman
TheBaronofDavis
CoachPopabich
LAKESHOW
gilbertgoesoff
marathon
15 posters
AuthorMessage
marathon
JV

Why wasn't Andre Miller traded Empty
PostSubject: Why wasn't Andre Miller traded   Why wasn't Andre Miller traded EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 1:21 pm

I don't care that much about the sixers, but andre miller to the magic or cavs, and the whole league is changed

I know they're trying to start a winning culture there but its not worth spending 10 mil for a guy who won't be around much longer, especially when you have a big gaping whole at PF
Back to top Go down
gilbertgoesoff
JV

PostSubject: Re: Why wasn't Andre Miller traded   Why wasn't Andre Miller traded EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 1:38 pm

Chad Ford wrote:
It's a tough call. Short term, the Sixers are better off keeping him. The best way to develop young players is to have them in a competitive environment. Andre Miller has helped Philly stay in the playoff hunt and in the process, guys like Andre Iguodala, Samuel Dalembert, Thaddeus Young and Louis Williams get valuable experience. However, long term, if they don't move him, they probably won't have enough cap room to make a run at a top tier free agent like Elton Brand or Gilbert Arenas. To me ... I trade him, get back an expiring contract, a good draft pick or two and then make a run at Brand or Arenas. Either of those guys would have the Sixers rolling again as soon as next year.
Back to top Go down
LAKESHOW
JV

PostSubject: Re: Why wasn't Andre Miller traded   Why wasn't Andre Miller traded EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 1:45 pm

Without Miller there next year Brand and Arenas wouldnt make this team any better.
Back to top Go down
CoachPopabich
JV

PostSubject: Re: Why wasn't Andre Miller traded   Why wasn't Andre Miller traded EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 1:48 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:
Without Miller there next year Brand and Arenas wouldnt make this team any better.
Brand certainly would make the team better.
Back to top Go down
TheBaronofDavis
JV

PostSubject: Re: Why wasn't Andre Miller traded   Why wasn't Andre Miller traded EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:09 pm

Brand yes, but they'll never get him (not enough money and he wants to stay in LA).
Back to top Go down
boogieman
JV

PostSubject: Re: Why wasn't Andre Miller traded   Why wasn't Andre Miller traded EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:19 pm

why on Earth would Brand go to phillu if they trade andre miller?
Back to top Go down
electrifyinkid
JV

PostSubject: Re: Why wasn't Andre Miller traded   Why wasn't Andre Miller traded EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:20 pm

boogieman wrote:
why on Earth would Brand go to phillu if they trade andre miller?
Why wasn't Andre Miller traded DollarSign
Back to top Go down
Harry10
JV

PostSubject: Re: Why wasn't Andre Miller traded   Why wasn't Andre Miller traded EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:28 pm

If there's a good deal out there that clears cap-room with trading Andre Miller then I'm definitely cool with it.

Although part of me does think Miller might be more valuable as an expiring next season to potentially trade for a disgruntled star under a long-term contract.

I don't see any stars out there to sign this off-season that will actually come to Philly(Brand) or who I'd want to see the Sixers build around (Arenas)
Back to top Go down
Raven_Morbisk
JV

PostSubject: Re: Why wasn't Andre Miller traded   Why wasn't Andre Miller traded EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:39 pm

A few weeks ago, the Sixers were the only team that had major cash ($10+ mil) under the cap this summer...with the recent flury of trades, this is no longer the case...right?

And if it IS true that we are not the only major FA player this summer, why would Brand or Arenas come here if we don't have a solid PG like Miller? I mean...if Marion opts out, Miami has to be under the cap, and they have a NBA Finals MVP on their roster...
Back to top Go down
sykray
JV

PostSubject: Re: Why wasn't Andre Miller traded   Why wasn't Andre Miller traded EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:46 pm

Of this group, which one is most likely going to want to be a Sixer?

-Okafor
-Brand
-Arenas
-Josh Smith
Back to top Go down
abunai
JV

PostSubject: Re: Why wasn't Andre Miller traded   Why wasn't Andre Miller traded EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:48 pm

sykray wrote:
Of this group, which one is most likely going to want to be a Sixer?

-Okafor
-Brand
-Arenas
-Josh Smith
Based on our style of play, I would think that Josh Smith would be salivating to play with this ball club. I like Brand, though I'm hesitant to take a gamble on injured vets, but I just can't see him wanting to play here anyway. I see no need for Arenas - our achilles heal is PF, not SG/PG. I personally think Okafor would give us the post threat that we need and he's young enough and mobile enough to run with this team - but I don't see us getting him either. If I could take any of them in the order I chose, it would have to be Okafor, Smith, Brand, with perhaps Charlie Villanueva as my backup plan assuming the aforementioned all resigned with their teams.
Back to top Go down
kingofcomedy101
JV

PostSubject: Re: Why wasn't Andre Miller traded   Why wasn't Andre Miller traded EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:59 pm

The only other team who definitely has cap space is Memphis- and word is that they will not be spending it due to ownership "issues."

We'll know more after today, and after Marion decides whether to opt out.The only other team who definitely has cap space is Memphis- and word is that they will not be spending it due to ownership "issues."

We'll know more after today, and after Marion decides whether to opt out.
Back to top Go down
walkinglizard
JV

PostSubject: Re: Why wasn't Andre Miller traded   Why wasn't Andre Miller traded EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 3:02 pm

Brand is injury prone and arenas is a problem child that couldnt win with Jamison and Butler
Back to top Go down
Kobe40ppg
JV

PostSubject: Re: Why wasn't Andre Miller traded   Why wasn't Andre Miller traded EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 3:06 pm

walkinglizard wrote:
Brand is injury prone and arenas is a problem child that couldnt win with Jamison and Butler
since when is brand injury prone?
Back to top Go down
Red Angel 1
JV

PostSubject: Re: Why wasn't Andre Miller traded   Why wasn't Andre Miller traded EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 10:50 am

Kobe40ppg wrote:
walkinglizard wrote:
since when is brand injury prone?
yeah, it's only the one injury
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why wasn't Andre Miller traded   Why wasn't Andre Miller traded Empty

Back to top Go down

Why wasn't Andre Miller traded
Page 1 of 1