Suite Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suite Sports

HomeHome  indexindex  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

There Will Be Blood

Go down 
+2
almodipine
thunderdome
6 posters
AuthorMessage
thunderdome
towelboy

There Will Be Blood Empty
PostSubject: There Will Be Blood   There Will Be Blood EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 9:10 pm

Just saw this last night in Hollywood and I feel it is entirely deserving of the praise it is getting.

Now, I love PTA - loved Boogie Nights, loved magnolia, liked but didn't love Punchdrunk Love.

I settled into the movie, knowing it was going to be 160 minutes, with mixed expectations - and certainly as the movie started, I worried that Anderson had gone off the deep end - the opening is basically without dialogue and accompanied by some very strange choices in terms of the score.

The film did not completely win me over until the gigantic oil fire. That was when I realized that I was watching one of the greatest films ever.

IMHO, this is PTA's masterpiece. It is as strange and unsettling as anything he has done until now - particularly when you factor in the score by Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood.

I honestly did not expect to find anything this year that topped No Country For Old Men - but this did it - and not by a small margin either.
Back to top Go down
almodipine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There Will Be Blood   There Will Be Blood EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:06 am

Wow I want to see this soooo bad can't wait to see it friday or saturday!
Back to top Go down
magicman123
wannabe

PostSubject: Re: There Will Be Blood   There Will Be Blood EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:08 am

One of
those movies that I know will be good, know Daniel Day-Lewis will kick
ass, but I just have no interest in seeing it. And I'm not sure why, I
just have no interest in it.
Back to top Go down
DIO
towelboy

PostSubject: Re: There Will Be Blood   There Will Be Blood EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:09 am

i saw this tonight and didnt think it was really good at all

daniel day was amazing in it but i thought the plot (or lack thereof) sucked
Back to top Go down
clownsocs
towelboy

PostSubject: Re: There Will Be Blood   There Will Be Blood EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:11 am

My girlfriend and I saw the movie this afternoon. Both of us had high expecatations, especially me, being a huge P.T. Anderson fan. But I have to say, I don't know what to do with There Will Be Blood.

Daniel Day-Lewis was incredible. Really, all the performances were strong. And I mean all of them. Roll it all up, however, and it didn't amount to brilliance. Not for me. Though I wouldn't call the movie unfocused, I did feel pulled in too many directions as I tried to locate the story's drive.

Anyway, everyone is gushing about TWBB, and when all's said and done, I really enjoyed it. But I'm really anxious to hear from people who either thought it was lacking in some fundamental way, or are willing to confess that they didn't quite 'get it'.
Back to top Go down
boogieman
JV

PostSubject: Re: There Will Be Blood   There Will Be Blood EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:15 am

Daniel Day Lewis is a force.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There Will Be Blood   There Will Be Blood Empty

Back to top Go down

There Will Be Blood
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suite Sports :: Off Topic-
Jump to: