Suite Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suite Sports

HomeHome  indexindex  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Giants to get Deangelo Hall?

Go down 
+9
LAKESHOW
DC_Ballin
gilbertgoesoff
Emeka's Clone
hafbaked
Harry10
TitanClub
CoachPopabich
pegguin
13 posters
AuthorMessage
pegguin
JV Waterboy

Giants to get Deangelo Hall? Empty
PostSubject: Giants to get Deangelo Hall?   Giants to get Deangelo Hall? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:45 pm

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/22/giants-have-their-eye-on-deangelo-hall/

The Giants are reportedly prepared to send the No. 31 overall pick in the 2008 draft to the Falcons in exchange for Falcons CB DeAngelo Hall.
The Giants were reportedly hoping to woo Nnamdi Asomugha or Marcus Trufant, but both were franchised. GM Jerry Reese views Asante Samuel as a product of the Patriots' system. The rebuilding Falcons could probably ask the Giants to add a later-round pick to the deal and get it. Despite the Super Bowl win, Reese smartly recognizes the Giants' CB situation as a need area.
Back to top Go down
CoachPopabich
JV

PostSubject: Re: Giants to get Deangelo Hall?   Giants to get Deangelo Hall? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:49 pm

Get it done Reese
Back to top Go down
TitanClub
JV

PostSubject: Re: Giants to get Deangelo Hall?   Giants to get Deangelo Hall? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:50 pm

Get it done. Considering how well Reese drafted last year in the later rounds & Kenny Phillips probably won't fall to us anyway I have no problem giving up our 1st rounder.
Back to top Go down
http://www.watt-up-1.com/j_gallery/April_Bowlby/slides/April_Bow
Harry10
JV

PostSubject: Re: Giants to get Deangelo Hall?   Giants to get Deangelo Hall? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:52 pm

Who needs a 1st rounder when every round Reese finds a good player.
Back to top Go down
hafbaked
JV

PostSubject: Re: Giants to get Deangelo Hall?   Giants to get Deangelo Hall? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:53 pm

A risky move because of Hall's attitude, but this would be a great move for the Giants or any other team that acquires Hall(hopefully my team Green Bay does) but I think his attitude is just a way of trying to force a trade out of that hell-hole Atlanta, and a change of scenery would eliminate that attitude. The Giants defense would be scary with this addition.
Back to top Go down
Emeka's Clone
JV

PostSubject: Re: Giants to get Deangelo Hall?   Giants to get Deangelo Hall? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:57 pm

I could See miami Swaping picks and giving up a 4 for Hall.I think that would be better. Also love Hall. I just hope Bill likes him. At 24 your getting a Lockdown corner that very few teams have.
Back to top Go down
gilbertgoesoff
JV

PostSubject: Re: Giants to get Deangelo Hall?   Giants to get Deangelo Hall? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:58 pm

I don't see the incentive to move up 2 spots. There probably isn't going to be a clear cut #1 player, so the incentive to move up is diminished. I would much rather have 3 and 31 than 1 and 108.
Back to top Go down
DC_Ballin
JV

PostSubject: Re: Giants to get Deangelo Hall?   Giants to get Deangelo Hall? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:59 pm

Hall is a headcase but he's one of the most gifted players in the game today. He's worth more than the 31st pick, but we don't have a lot of options.
Back to top Go down
LAKESHOW
JV

PostSubject: Re: Giants to get Deangelo Hall?   Giants to get Deangelo Hall? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 1:01 pm

hafbaked wrote:
A risky move because of Hall's attitude, but this would be a great move for the Giants or any other team that acquires Hall(hopefully my team Green Bay does) but I think his attitude is just a way of trying to force a trade out of that hell-hole Atlanta, and a change of scenery would eliminate that attitude. The Giants defense would be scary with this addition.
You're right about the attitude thing. It'd be just like having a Shockey on defense, but I'd still welcome him to the team. Big Blue needs serious help in the secondary.
Back to top Go down
abunai
JV

PostSubject: Re: Giants to get Deangelo Hall?   Giants to get Deangelo Hall? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 1:03 pm

How about Miami gives 1st overall,32 overall for 3 overall and Hall. Seems fair for both sides.
Back to top Go down
jayhawk21
JV

PostSubject: Re: Giants to get Deangelo Hall?   Giants to get Deangelo Hall? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 1:04 pm

With the Saints CB situation(the Jason David fiasco and McKenzie tearing his ACL), I hope they're at least looking into this.
Back to top Go down
sykray
JV

PostSubject: Re: Giants to get Deangelo Hall?   Giants to get Deangelo Hall? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 1:06 pm

What the hell? Since when has Hall's value been so low? I sure hope the Falcons don't make a dumb trade like this. Where would it get the franchise? They would be giving up a top CB for what? End of the 1st round draft pick, sorry but thats BS.
Back to top Go down
dellman
JV

PostSubject: Re: Giants to get Deangelo Hall?   Giants to get Deangelo Hall? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 1:09 pm

How is Hall worth anywhere near Asante Samuel? I mean im sure some team will pay it, but would you really gamble that on a guy who clearly has talent but isnt living up to his potential? (Yes yes i know he went to pro bowls, however, At least one of those he was no where near deserving)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giants to get Deangelo Hall?   Giants to get Deangelo Hall? Empty

Back to top Go down

Giants to get Deangelo Hall?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suite Sports :: Off Topic-
Jump to: