Suite Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suite Sports

HomeHome  indexindex  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking toward Bynum's return

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
treiz
JV

Looking toward Bynum's return Empty
PostSubject: Looking toward Bynum's return   Looking toward Bynum's return EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 4:48 am

I'm a big Gasol fan, and for that reason now a bandwagon Laker fan .
I wached most of the games since the trade, and even I'm surprised how good Pau is, when used primarily in the low post.

I really don't want him to go back to the high post, but with the return of Bynum, that will be inevitable.

Pau is a pretty good midrange shooter, but he is far from automatic. I think hhe could keep up this 65% field goal percentage for the rest of the season if he would be used the same way as he is now. But I'm affraid it will go way back down, if he is sent out to the top of the key.

Since Bynum can't shoot it either, I'm afraid theese twin towers would not fit each other very well.

Of course there are positive parts of the idea too, because with the frontcourt of Bynum Pau and Lamar, the opponents will have absolutely zero second chances.
And on the offensive side, the shooters will have even more room to operate.

But as far as the fluenceof the offense and the fast pace goes, I think this duo starting together is a bad idea.
Bad for the team, and bad for Gasol too.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
LAKESHOW
JV

Looking toward Bynum's return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking toward Bynum's return   Looking toward Bynum's return EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 4:49 am

I think they will fit just fine. They just need some time to click, and all will be well. We basically have 2 guys who we can run the pick and roll with, so we become that much more dangerous. Where we improve the most, however, is on the defensive end, and that's far more important than how our offense runs (which is going to be good no matter how you look at it).

Bynum will probably come off the bench and Phil will slowly put him and Pau in at the same time so that when the playoffs come, we can start Bynum at center. I don't expect Bynum to give more than 12 PPG, but I do expect him to absolutely mop up around the glass. I don't know how well it's going to work for us this season, but next season they are going to be scary while on the floor at the same time.
Back to top Go down

Looking toward Bynum's return
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suite Sports :: Divisions :: Pacific Division-
Jump to: