Suite Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suite Sports

HomeHome  indexindex  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Should Memphis have gotten Yi

Go down 
+11
treiz
boogieman
dellman
TheBaronofDavis
patsylilly-1
Kobe40ppg
CoachPopabich
qweino
abunai
Emeka's Clone
sykray
15 posters
AuthorMessage
sykray
JV

Should Memphis have gotten Yi Empty
PostSubject: Should Memphis have gotten Yi   Should Memphis have gotten Yi EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:04 pm

I guess with Gasol at the 4, it made more sense to draft a PG for Memphis
but a GM with real vision would have seen Lowry and mighty mouse in the fold and should have anticipated the Gasol move

And now that Yi is playing, you can really see his upside. He is definitely going to be a star in this league. I have gotten to see Conley a few times this year, but I do not think he will have the upside that Jianlian has.
Back to top Go down
Emeka's Clone
JV

PostSubject: Re: Should Memphis have gotten Yi   Should Memphis have gotten Yi EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:09 pm

The Grizz already have defensive liabilities on the squad. Considering the Bucks and their own defensive liabilities. I doubt that the Grizz have any regrets on passing on Yi.
Back to top Go down
abunai
JV

PostSubject: Re: Should Memphis have gotten Yi   Should Memphis have gotten Yi EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:13 pm

I have been impressed with Conley...the team plays so much better with him in there. When he isnt injured he is amazing.
Back to top Go down
qweino
JV

PostSubject: Re: Should Memphis have gotten Yi   Should Memphis have gotten Yi EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:16 pm

The only players from that draft I would want over Conley, are Oden, Durant and Horford.
Back to top Go down
CoachPopabich
JV

PostSubject: Re: Should Memphis have gotten Yi   Should Memphis have gotten Yi EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:18 pm

Conley has played extremely well for a 20 year old point guard who can't get consistant PT due to injuries. The sensible thing that should have been done to address the OP's issue, IMO, would have been to acquire a young big man in return for Gasol.
Back to top Go down
Kobe40ppg
JV

PostSubject: Re: Should Memphis have gotten Yi   Should Memphis have gotten Yi EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:22 pm

i hate it when you don't know the true age of your players... plus, it's always good to have a reliable PG (ask the Hawks). So far I don't think anybody regrets picking Conley over Yi.
Back to top Go down
patsylilly-1
JV

PostSubject: Re: Should Memphis have gotten Yi   Should Memphis have gotten Yi EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:23 pm

I don't think any big men available then are going to be better than Conley
Back to top Go down
TheBaronofDavis
JV

PostSubject: Re: Should Memphis have gotten Yi   Should Memphis have gotten Yi EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:27 pm

patsylilly-1 wrote:
I don't think any big men available then are going to be better than Conley
Noah has been playing well the last few games
Back to top Go down
dellman
JV

PostSubject: Re: Should Memphis have gotten Yi   Should Memphis have gotten Yi EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:33 pm

Knowing the issues that would surround the signing of Yi, I would say no. I applaud the Bucks for choosing and sticking out the signing process with Yi, but I seriously doubt, No- I'm sure, the Griz mgmt would be in too much chaos to even attempt a move like that. As you can see, we have enough public relations nightmares of our own making.
Back to top Go down
boogieman
JV

PostSubject: Re: Should Memphis have gotten Yi   Should Memphis have gotten Yi EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:36 pm

sykray wrote:
I guess with Gasol at the 4, it made more sense to draft a PG for Memphis
but a GM with real vision would have seen Lowry and mighty mouse in the fold and should have anticipated the Gasol move

And now that Yi is playing, you can really see his upside. He is definitely going to be a star in this league. I have gotten to see Conley a few times this year, but I do not think he will have the upside that Jianlian has.
Are you kidding me??? Yi has been struggling horribly. Wasn't he 1 of 10 against the Rockets?? He is just another soft big who wants to shy away from contact and shoot 20 foot jumpers. No thank you. I'll pass on that. Give me Conely.
Back to top Go down
treiz
JV

PostSubject: Re: Should Memphis have gotten Yi   Should Memphis have gotten Yi EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:38 pm

Yi seems to be a project that may pan out. Conley's already panned out IMO.
Back to top Go down
electrifyinkid
JV

PostSubject: Re: Should Memphis have gotten Yi   Should Memphis have gotten Yi EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:39 pm

well now that Gasol is traded, there is a weakness on the front court. I do not think Kwame will ever be that good. The back court is now unneccesarily stacked. If a power forward like yi was drafted, this might fill the void left by Gasol. But who could really see into the future...
Back to top Go down
jayhawk21
JV

PostSubject: Re: Should Memphis have gotten Yi   Should Memphis have gotten Yi EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:40 pm

There's more than just weaknesses to the Grizz frontcourt. They barely have anyone else that's capable of stepping up on offense outside of Rudy and MM. Perimeter defense is still a problem. Everything with the Grizzlies is a mess right now.
Back to top Go down
david_emanuelr
towelboy

PostSubject: Re: Should Memphis have gotten Yi   Should Memphis have gotten Yi EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:41 pm

Im glad conley came along. only oden, horford and durant were better for me.

The thing is the bad luck we had in the lottery! the 4th pick being the worst team. picture a healty oden with gasol. Gasol have stayed here and maybe instead the money of darko, we could have spend that money in other free agent that could look mem with a good core and pleased to come. 'Shard? who knows...
Back to top Go down
Lebron for PRez
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should Memphis have gotten Yi   Should Memphis have gotten Yi EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 1:04 pm

i don't see what he'd be doing that the wilyness of hakim, the shooting of miller, the slashing of rudy gay, and the one move of darko, aren't already accomplishing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Memphis have gotten Yi   Should Memphis have gotten Yi Empty

Back to top Go down

Should Memphis have gotten Yi
Page 1 of 1