Suite Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suite Sports

HomeHome  indexindex  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lakers trade mentioned on ESPN

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Julian17101
scrub

Lakers trade mentioned on ESPN Empty
PostSubject: Lakers trade mentioned on ESPN   Lakers trade mentioned on ESPN EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am

Lakers Have Plan To Nab Kidd?
December 23, 2007 - 5:48 am
New York Post -
According to Peter Vecsey of the New York Post, the Los Angeles Lakers have a plan to try to acquire Nets star Jason Kidd for a couple draft picks, Kwame Brown's expiring contract ($9M), Jordan Farmar ($1M) and Vladimir Radmanovic ($5.6M with an additional $19.2M over the next three seasons). Not unexpectedly, the Nets aren't interested in assuming Radmanovic's long-term guarantee. There's nothing not to love about Farmar, yet New Jersey already has a promising, young caretaker in Marcus Williams.

According to Vecsey, another source believes the Cavaliers (Drew Gooden) and Mavericks (Erick Dampier) are in better position to provide the Nets with frontcourt help, but neither team nor the Lakers can offer more than the Nuggets - an almost-rehabbed Nene or Marcus Camby vs. Kenyon Martin. Coach George Karl urgently wants Kidd to free Allen Iverson to concentrate exclusively on scoring. Aside from one of the two aforementioned big men, Denver is prepared to kick in Linas Kleiza and JR Smith. [READ]

Does it mean Mavs is offering Dampier for Jason Kidd?
And Denver is the forerunner to such a deal?
Back to top Go down
liamparker91
wannabe

Lakers trade mentioned on ESPN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lakers trade mentioned on ESPN   Lakers trade mentioned on ESPN EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 12:26 am

That would be an interesting dilemma.

Give up our best center for a 36 year old HOF PG who wants a 20 mil extension when we already have 2 very good ball handlers.

I'd probably do it.

The trade that really concerns me is the one on the Suns board. Someone is claiming they have a source that tells them the Suns will essentially get Iguodala and Dalembert for Barbosa and Diaw.

Sounds like BS to me for a few reasons, but still I hope its BS
Back to top Go down

Lakers trade mentioned on ESPN
Page 1 of 1