Suite Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suite Sports

HomeHome  indexindex  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

official "You don't deserve a buy-out" thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stuartmc
wannabe

official "You don't deserve a buy-out" thread Empty
PostSubject: official "You don't deserve a buy-out" thread   official "You don't deserve a buy-out" thread EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 12:07 am

Juwan's Payday, anyone have the exact numbers for it?

When I was looking for the number, I came across this:

Howard expressed his thanks to Wolves owner Glen Taylor, vice president of basketball operations Kevin McHale and coach Randy Whitman, and called the organization “first class.”

“They understood my situation and did whatever was possible to make me happy,” Howard said. “You don’t find it too often in this league when an organization will respect a player.”
Back to top Go down
Peterotica
JV

PostSubject: Re: official "You don't deserve a buy-out" thread   official "You don't deserve a buy-out" thread EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 12:12 am

Cool quote, thanks for sharing.

I've never been a big fan of how buyouts work....I mean, most often its the players that want out but yet they typically wind up with 80% or more of their contract just to walk away and sign elsewhere. Is that really fair? Dont you think, if they REALLY wanted to go that badly, that they'd accept like 50% or even less (still not a bad deal for doing nothing). Just once I'd like to see an owner say "Either you can accept 50 cents on the dollar to walk away, or you can show up every day for practice and games and sit your spoiled ass on the bench".

Honestly, does anyone know why players always wind up with so much?
Back to top Go down
Fett101
towelboy

PostSubject: Re: official "You don't deserve a buy-out" thread   official "You don't deserve a buy-out" thread EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 12:13 am

Of course he is going to praise them. He got paid to do nothing!
Back to top Go down
Aaron123
scrub

PostSubject: Re: official "You don't deserve a buy-out" thread   official "You don't deserve a buy-out" thread EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 12:16 am

he's getting 80%
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: official "You don't deserve a buy-out" thread   official "You don't deserve a buy-out" thread Empty

Back to top Go down

official "You don't deserve a buy-out" thread
Page 1 of 1