Suite Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suite Sports

HomeHome  indexindex  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Executions

Go down 
+9
CitizenSue
mrcoolspy
mdl_115-1
Carry-On
RoseandBeasley2010
dingleberry_57
Red Angel 1
Raven_Morbisk
guidedbyvance
13 posters
AuthorMessage
guidedbyvance
JV

Executions Empty
PostSubject: Executions   Executions EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 5:39 pm

It seems like an unneccesary and immoral act, but after reading this time article it seems as if its just done sloppily and non-chalantly.

Who supports it and why?
Back to top Go down
Raven_Morbisk
JV

Executions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Executions   Executions EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 5:40 pm

No that I am for it but some family members or friends of victims get closure out of it
Back to top Go down
Red Angel 1
JV

Executions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Executions   Executions EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 5:44 pm

I guess, but that seems like a pretty bad justification for it imo.

Also, i have no freaking clue what its like to loose a family member to murder, or have one raped or anything, and couldnt imagine it. But it seems to me that if the guilty party getting 25-life in jail, and/or feeling extreme remorse for the actions, is insufficient for their coming to terms with it, then thats probably more of a character flaw then anything.

I know im going out on an unjustified limb there, but i think that needing them killed no-matter-what is not really healthy.
Back to top Go down
dingleberry_57
wannabe

Executions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Executions   Executions EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 5:45 pm

more than 1/3 of all executions in the US since 1976 were in Texas. What an awesome people.
Back to top Go down
RoseandBeasley2010
JV

Executions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Executions   Executions EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 5:48 pm

It just plain isn't a deterrent. People who hold up convenience stores at gunpoint aren't thinking about consequences. They are like, "What could go wrong! It's fool proof! They open up the register, hundreds pour out, and I smoke crack like a king for the foreseeable future! (3 days=foreseeable future).

Now I don't shed a tear for the worst of the worst. I feel like our humanity is for our benefit, not theirs. We respect life, they don't. They are separated from the herd and forgotten. We can't sell our souls to these people.
Back to top Go down
Carry-On
wannabe

Executions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Executions   Executions EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 5:49 pm

Mike Huckabee wrote:
What would Jesus do about the death penalty? Well Jesus wouldn't be dumb enough to get into politics.
Back to top Go down
mdl_115-1
wannabe

Executions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Executions   Executions EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 5:52 pm

i'm glad that there is a moratorium on it in illinois right now. probably won't last too much longer, though. i think the supreme court is going to make a decision pretty soon (if they haven't already) on whether the three drug mix is humane or not.
Back to top Go down
mrcoolspy
wannabe

Executions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Executions   Executions EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 5:53 pm

I kind of see death penalty as an easy way out, i'd rather see people that commit crimes that warrant a death penalty spend the rest of their lives in a hole.

I'd take death over life in prison. So i see life in prison as a much worse punishment.
Back to top Go down
CitizenSue
wannabe

Executions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Executions   Executions EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 5:55 pm

I support the death penalty.

Why? Some folks dont' fear jail, but, they do fear death. It gives you a lever over them. Sometimes DA's can use the threat of death penalty to elicit a plea bargain or get the defendent to confess meaningful information such as the location of bodies or somesuch.

It's a valuable tool. Even moreso when it's just the threat of death and not death itself.
Back to top Go down
LAKESHOW
JV

Executions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Executions   Executions EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 5:56 pm

CitizenSue wrote:
I support the death penalty.

Why? Some folks dont' fear jail, but, they do fear death. It gives you a lever over them. Sometimes DA's can use the threat of death penalty to elicit a plea bargain or get the defendent to confess meaningful information such as the location of bodies or somesuch.

It's a valuable tool. Even moreso when it's just the threat of death and not death itself.
you saw that episode of Law & Order too?
Back to top Go down
christiluv2005
wannabe

Executions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Executions   Executions EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 5:57 pm

Carry-On wrote:
Mike Huckabee wrote:
What would Jesus do about the death penalty? Well Jesus wouldn't be dumb enough to get into politics.
I think he was talking about if Jesus was going to run for president or some BS like that
Back to top Go down
kingofcomedy101
JV

Executions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Executions   Executions EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 6:01 pm

I don't have very strong feelings about the topic but for the most part, I'm against capital punishment. It makes no economic sense and there's limited evidence it does more to deter murderers than life w/out parole. Factoring in the cost of possibly the wrong person biting the dust, it's just expensive.

However, treason, serial and mass murdering and killing witnesses and other court officials to affect the outcome of cases are all still on my list of crimes deserving an execution.
Back to top Go down
electrifyinkid
JV

Executions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Executions   Executions EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 6:10 pm

it done too often for bad reasons
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Executions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Executions   Executions Empty

Back to top Go down

Executions